Experienced Legal Counsel (f/m/d)
Rechtsanwalt (m/w/d) in Vollzeit
We, the CineStar Group, are the leading cinema company in Germany, take fun at work literally and warmly welcome dedicated employees!
CineStar is as diverse as its guests and sees itself as a dynamic company with a passion for film and for the perfect conditions that make going to the movies a high-quality guest experience for all ages. The national control from the head office, the great commitment of the individual cinemas managed by their own theater managers and constantly expanded technical innovations create a lively company profile that focuses on quality and individuality as a recognition feature.
CineStar belongs to the EVT Group, Australia’s premiere entertainment, hospitality and leisure company listed on the Australian stock exchange. For more information about CineStar and EVT please visit www.cinestar.de and www.evt.com.
We are looking for a full-time In-house Legal Counsel (f/m/d) at the company headquarters in Lübeck to start as soon as possible.
What does your workday look like?
• You are responsible for
o counseling CineStar on a wide range of legal matters with a focus on corporate, real estate and commercial law
o managing litigation, including initiating and managing litigation proceedings, investigating claims and supervising external legal counsel
• Resolving routine and moderately complex to complex legal matters with minimal supervision
• Interacting and providing legal and strategic guidance to the CineStar Management Board
• Applying innovative problem-solving skills and judgment to assist in managing corporate risk
• Representing CineStar and work with outside counsel as appropriate in respect to legal issues
• Preferably you are able to assume the role of Compliance Officer
What we expect:
• You have successfully completed a legal degree and second state exam
• You have at least eight years’ experience in a legal practice and/or as legal counsel in a corporate environment
• You have demonstrated the ability to perform successfully in cross-functional teams with the ability to lead and mentor across the organization
• You have the ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and exercise sound commercial and legal judgment
• You keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations including but not limited to real estate laws relevant to our business
• You have the ability to conduct business in English and German
• You have high-level interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• You have experience leading or ability to propose practical options for meeting Cinestar business goals within applicable legal and regulatory requirements
• Willingness to travel
• Strong business acumen
What you can expect
• Attractive compensation including a short-term incentive scheme
• You report directly to the Director of Corporate Finance and to the CineStar Management Board
• You will have a mid-term perspective for appointment to the Cinestar Management Board
• We offer in addition:
o exciting and challenging tasks in a motivated team
o teamwork, exchange of experience and mutual support
o cinema visits and company events
We are looking forward to receiving your application including salary expectations and earliest possible starting date. Please apply via our homepage: https://www.cinestar.de/kino-luebeck-stadthalle/karriere/529497